Local Volunteer Opportunities
You can change someone’s life . . . including your own.
Community Hospice of Victor Valley has great local volunteer opportunities. Many volunteers are former family members who once had a loved one who benefited from Community Hospice of Victor Valley’s services, and are now motivated to provide the same compassionate care that they received during a difficult time. Wherever your talents lie, CHVV has a place for you.
CHVV volunteers assist the agency in a number of ways:
- Working directly with patients and families by providing individual patient support.
- Providing caregiver respite to allow the primary caregiver some time to run errands, go to doctors appointments, etc.
- Assist with bereavement care.
- Assist with office work such as mailings, or helping with special events.
- Be 18+ years of age
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend six to nine hours of training classes
- Allow the CHVV to obtain your Criminal Background Report
- Provide the CHVV with a signed Physicians Health Statement
- Receive a TB test (administered at no cost by CHVV)
- Have a valid driver’s license or ID card
- Provide proof of current auto insurance
- Commit to one to four hours per week of patient care volunteer service for a minimum of one year