Emergency Plan Summary
VNA Hospice and Palliative Care of Southern California, Arbor Hospice and Community Hospice of Victor Valley remain committed to our patients, partners and employees during these unprecedented times. Our emergency preparedness team is closely monitoring developments on the COVID -19 pandemic and taking all necessary steps recommended by the CDC and Department of Public Health.
Although the safety of our patients and employees has always been a priority, we have taken
additional steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- We are suspending all non-essential person to person contact with patients. Therefore, all bereavement groups have been suspended until further notice. All volunteer person to person contact has been suspended. Volunteers will continue to contact patients and families by phone.
- Clinical staff are equipped with PPE and notified of any updates reported by the CDC or local health officials.
- A contingency response plan has been implemented and reviewed with all leadership and staff. Essential and nonessential business functions have been analyzed, as well as the number of employees that are necessary to manage in a disaster. The availability of clinicians during this public health emergency will be evaluated on a daily basis. Our IT department has issued equipment to employees who are able to perform their job functions at home, to ensure continuity of essential business functions while ensuring compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- All employees are instructed to stay home if they are sick.
- We are working cooperatively with local and regional emergency preparedness partners, and business partners and vendors (DME, medical supplies, pharmacies, EHR software, etc.) to minimize service interruptions. For the health and safety of our patients and staff, it remains a priority to collaborate with our referral sources and partners as we all deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please share your emergency plan and communicate any suspensions of service or process changes.
Download this Letter: